Tuesday, March 18, 2008

S-Success

Well, apparently my previous outburst of rage was enough to keep Cam from updating for a while and also enough to propel me to victory against Southern Rock Assholes "The Outlaws." In other Rock Band related news Cam and I have also accumulated over a million fake fans thus cementing our reputation as incredibly committed wasters of time.
Unfortunately, like everyone who achieves great success in their own lifetime, I am left with a hollow place in my heart. There are no great deeds left to accomplish. Furthermore, there are no great post ideas sitting around either, thus forcing me into the realm of random personal news:
Something like 19 days until the momentous Second Coming of Spoon. I have literally been anticipating this since the first time I saw them in concert. This time, however it will not just be me, Cam and Cam's ridiculous friends but rather me, Cam, Karen and different ridiculous friends of Cam. Incidentally, there's a hilarious story about the first Spoon concert we went to but it might be the kind of thing you had to be there for. Let's find out! We were nearing the venue when we were approached by a homeless man. "What's the greatest nation in the world?" he asked. We uncomfortably replied we didn't know. "A Do-nation," he responded. I found this clever enough and delivered with enough charisma that I would have given him some money if I wasn't saving it all for band t-shirts. The others seemed less impressed, and more anxious to get away. As we hurried along the homeless guy addressed Cam's friend, I forget his name at the moment. "Where you goin' Elvis? Come on back." A pause, then, by way of explanation: "All he needs is to dye that hair." Ordinarily this might have been simply a crazy non-sequitur but Cam's friend really did look remarkably like a blonde Elvis. Man, did we laugh. There's nothing more hilarious than being burned by a hobo, especially when he's completely right. Now given that April's concert is a good 45 minute drive from the location of the previous one, we probably won't see the same hobo. But I'm an optimist, I think I'll try and work on some celebrity hairstyles for the occasion.

ed. Dammit, already I've forgotten to put a quote at the end of the post. ALREADY

No comments: